About Lauren Ridloff
Lauren Ridloff is an American actress who is deaf. She is popular with the character of Connie from the TV series The Walking Dead. Her academic qualification is vast. Initially, she attended Catholic school but was later sent to Model Secondary School for the Deaf in Washington, DC.
Further, she majored in English from the California State University, Northridge. She earned her Masters degree in education from the Hunter college because she wanted to become a children’s author.
Lauren Ridloff Age
Lauren Ridloff was born on 6 April 1978 and her age in 2021 is 43 years. Her birthday is on 6 April and birthplace is Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
Lauren Ridloff Family and Relationship
Her father’s name is Hugo who was a counselor at University of Illinois at Chicago and also a musician, mother’s name is not known but she was an artist, and her siblings information is not available.
She is married and her husband’s name is Douglas Ridloff who is also deaf. Their marriage took place in 2006 and the couple share two sons together and both are deaf. The family stays in Brooklyn, New York.
Lauren Ridloff Earnings and Assets
Her source of income includes acting in movies, television shows, and music videos. Apart from this she has also made money from her teaching profession. Her estimated net worth is $800,000.
Lauren Ridloff Body Measurement
She has a decent height but it is not revealed. Also her weight is not disclosed. Her body measurements are not known and she has black eyes and black hair color.
During her school days she began exploring arts and was also involved with drama. She played the character of Dorothy in a school production The Wiz.
Lauren started her professional career in the year 2017 as a consultant for the movie Wonderstruck and also appeared in it with a small character.
In 2018, her lead role was in the play Children of a Lesser God which gave her success. For this she was also nominated for different awards, including a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play. At first she was hired in the play as a tutor of sign language but later got the lead role. The New York Times reported that Critics were disappointed by the production, but mesmerized by Lauren.
In the ninth season of the TV series The Walking Dead she starred as Connie. Her upcoming film is the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero film Eternals in which she will play a deaf superhero. This film will release in November 2021.
Additionally, she was also involved in teaching profession and she left her job to take care of her sons.
- Lauren Ridloff is an American deaf actress and a former teacher.
- She is active on Instagram with 278K followers and on Twitter with 22.3K followers.
- She won the competition of Miss Deaf Illinois and also won Miss Deaf America.
- As a spokesperson for NAD she attended luncheons and graduation ceremonies after winning Miss Deaf America.
- She is well known for her character of Connie on the TV series The Walking Dead.
- She joined a local deaf performing group and took up hip-hop dancing while studying at college.
- Since the age of 13 years she did not use her voice and thus face challenges while using her voice for the role in Children of a Lesser God.
- She left her teaching job to take care of her sons.
- She took a leave of absence from The Walking Dead by not appearing in six consecutive episodes of the show’s tenth season to film for Eternals.
- In 2020, she received the SAG-AFTRA Harold Russell Award at the 41st Media Access Awards.